|Sito internet-||Tel-||Fax-||Email-||Link mappa|
A true wonder of nature at a short distance from Cannobio: smooth and sheer rocky walls, deep green waters, rocky spurs that look as if severely guarding the quiet water course silently flowing through the entire gorge.
The unrelenting millenary activity of the water of the Cannobino stream has hollowed out this 25 m. deep ravine.
When boating upstream through the gorge, rowing in the silence broken only by the roar of the torrent and crossing the ancestral ravines illuminated only by the few sun rays reaching so far down, one is completely overwhelmed by the fascination and striking beauty of this place.
From the top, the gorge can be crossed with two bridges, the narrowest and most ancient (known as "dell'agostana") and the motorway one.
Built in 1638 by people native of the place living in Rome, the gorge was named after the Sanctuary. Of special interest are the black marble spiral columns of the main altar and the valuable paintings dedicated to Saint Anne’s life; priceless and certainly worth admiring is the apsis, represented by a splendidly frescoed chapel dedicated to the Madonna of Loreto, very ancient and probably preexistent to the church.