San Remigio Church
Roman oratory built in the promontory of Castagnola in a stupendous panoramic position between the first half of the 11th century and the first half of the 12th century. The later modifications in the years has damaged the originally structure of the two naves, one of them little and ends with two apses semicircular ground plant. Between the building, by the northern side, there is the bell tower with squared plant, while the façade is leaned against a portico that is a testimony nominated in a document of 1341. In the internal part appear frescoes of various centuries until the 16th century; the more ancient one are from the 11th century and they emerged just in 1975, by the last restoration that also brought to light two finds of roman age and fragments of capitals late-medieval. The most ancient fresco which is on the minor apse represents the blessed Jesus Christ who’s dominating a figure – maybe Riprando – the bishop of Novara – kneeled down between the archangel Gabriel and the archangel Michael. In the main apses are two bands with frescoes, one about Jesus Christ and the twelve apostles, the other one, of a different cu, shows the months of the year. The church was declared as national monument in 1908.