Pisano
print this page

Parish Church Sant'Eusebio and Santi Maccabei

The parish church dedicated to Saint Eusebio and the Maccabei Brothers (Martyrs of Judea) stands in the center of the village. Originally a small building, the church was repeatedly enlarged (first in 1567), when Saint Charles Borromeo granted it permission to become independent from Nebbiuno. Now it presents a XVII century baroque architecture.The façade is preceded by a small pronaos added on in 1767 with a niche in the upper section where the organ was lodged.. Recently a XVI century fresco was recovered, depicting the three theological virtues. The inside is shaped like a latin cross with a single nave and three chapels. Lately, during some excavations, the ruins of the ancient oratory under the bell tower hall were brought to light. Inside the building can be seen some fragments of XIII and XIV century frescoes, attributable to an artist who was trained at the Oropa workshop

Comuni
PISANO