PRIVACY & COOKIE
On this page, we’ve explained how we process your personal data, through the websites www.distrettolaghi.it and www.lagomaggiorexperience.it, in accordance with (EU) Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR) and Legislative Decree no. 196/2003.
Distretto Turistico dei Laghi, con sede in Stresa (VB), Corso Italia 26 – 28838
Types of data processed
The computer systems and software procedures used to operate this website acquire, during their normal operation, certain personal data whose transmission is implicit in the use of Internet communication protocols. This information is not collected to be associated with identified data subjects, but by its very nature, could allow users to be identified. This category of data includes IP addresses or domain names of the computers used by users who connect to the site, URI (Uniform Resource Identifier) addresses of the resources requested, the time of the request, the method used to submit the request to the server, the size of the file obtained in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the response given by the server (successful, error, etc..) and other parameters relating to the operating system and computer environment. This data is used only to obtain anonymous statistical information on the use of the site and to check its correct functioning.
The data could also be used to ascertain responsibility in case of any cyber crimes committed against the site.
Data provided voluntarily by the user
We will process data (such as your name or e-mail) that you have voluntarily submitted to us, for example, through the contact or registration form.
Why we process data, how long we store it for, and what happens if you don’t provide us with the data.
In the table below we’ve shown why we process your data, i.e. for what purpose.
For each purpose we also indicate the legal reason for the processing, how long we keep your data and what happens if you do not provide us with the data.
For what reason (purpose) do we process data?
1. To respond to requests you send us by e-mail or other means
2. To monitor and track the behaviour of those who surf the site, collecting and recording data related to navigation (for example: the pages visited), but only in an aggregated form to improve the experience of using our site.
3. To send you our newsletter that will keep you updated on events, offers, promotions, new suggestions and tourist content regarding the area managed by the Distretto Turistico dei Laghi (in terms of tourism)
4. To access some special content on the site (for example, the digital version of the tourist guides exploring the area)
What is the legal reason for processing data?
1. To accomplish a contract or pre-contractual measures at your request
2. It’s fully consensual. You have the right to revoke any consent you may have given us at any point.
3. It’s fully consensual. You have the right to revoke any consent you may have given us at any time.
4. It’s fully consensual. You have the right to revoke any consent you may have given us at any time.
How long do we store the data?
1. For the time necessary to carry out the individual processes. Once this time limit has expired, we will process your data until the time limits provided by law to fulfill the administrative, accounting and tax obligations that we are required to meet.
2. For no more than 12 months, starting from the time we gathered data.
3. Until you withdraw your consent to receive the newsletter, taking into consideration to the technical time required for the cancellation.
4. Until you revoke consent, taking into consideration the technical time required for the cancellation.
What happens if you don’t give us the data?
1.You must provide us with this information; if you do not provide it, we will not be able to respond to the request you have sent us
2.You are not obliged to provide us with your data but if you do not provide it, you will not be able to access certain functions of the site.
3.You’re under no obligation to provide us with data. If you do not provide it, you will not receive the newsletter.
4. You’re under no obligation to provide us with data for this. If you do not provide it, you will not be able to access the special content on the site.
Cookies are made up of portions of code installed inside the browser that assist the Owner in providing the service according to the purposes described. Some of the purposes of installing Cookies may also require your consent.
Technical and aggregate statistics cookies
Activities strictly necessary for the operation of the site
Saving preferences, optimization and statistics
Other types of Cookies or third party tools that may use them
Some of the services listed below collect statistics in aggregate form and may not require your consent or may be managed directly by the Owner – as described – without the help of third parties. If the tools indicated below include services managed by third parties, they may – in addition to what is specified and without the knowledge of the website Owner – perform user tracking activities. For detailed information, please refer to the privacy policies of the services listed above.
The services contained in this section allow the Data Controller to monitor and analyse traffic data, and serve to keep track of user behaviour.
Web Analytics Italia
Web Analytics Italia is a national platform - certified by AGID (Agency for Digital Italy) - which allows public administrations to collect and analyze statistical data on the traffic of their sites and digital services. WAI makes it possible to: standardize the collection of such data, simplify access to statistics on traffic and the behavior of users who use institutional digital sites and services, provide PA operators with ad hoc tools to facilitate the understanding of such information, with the ultimate goal of continuously optimizing the user experience. The platform also publicly displays, and in an aggregate manner, some of the data concerning the use of the digital services of the PA by citizens.
Web analytics Italia (WAI) is based on three main components: 1) a web data collection and analysis system based on Matomo software, 2) a front-end portal that manages registration and access to the data infrastructure, 3) a set of APIs for accessing data by third-party applications (not available in beta).
The main advantages of using Matomo for the government sector are: a) the ownership of the data and its total control, b) the absence of technological lock-in, c) the high modularity and customization of the platform and d) the absence of sampling.
Place of processing: The statistical data collected by WAI are stored on dedicated servers for the exclusive use of the public administration, located in Italy. The WAI project does not collect personal data, with the exception of the IP address for which anonymization is envisaged.
Management of contact details and the sending of emails
Mailchimp and SalesForce Marketing Cloud
Mailchimp is a service with whom we manage our users’ contact details and send e-mail messages. The service is provided by Mailchimp Inc.
Personal data collected: name, e-mail, place of origin.
For the complete information of SalesForce Italia CLICK HERE
How can I control the installation of Cookies?
In addition to what is stated in this document, you can manage Cookie preferences directly within your browser and prevent – for example – third parties from installing them. You can also use your browser preferences to delete cookies that have been installed in the past, including the Cookies in which you may have saved your consent to the installation of Cookies by this site. It is important to note that by disabling all cookies, the operation of this site may be compromised. You can find information on how to manage Cookies in your browser at the following sites: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Microsoft Edge.
Distretto Turistico dei Laghi, con sede in Stresa (VB), Corso Italia 26 – 28838