Distretto Turistico dei Laghi Monti e Valli launches its 3rd Photo Competition!
"People - tourists and locals - as protagonists of our tourist beauties", this is 2014 main topic.
Distretto Turistico dei Laghi, in collaboration with the photo clubs A32 Fotoclub Omegna, IKON Fotoclub Baveno, Photographic Group “La Cinefoto Domodossola”, Fotoclub Verbania, Fotoclub Lo Specchio del Lago Orta San Giulio, Fotoclub Arona, organizes the 3rd Photographic Competition focussed on colour print about the theme:
"People - tourists and locals - as protagonists of our tourist beauties"
1. PHOTOGRAPHIC COMPETITION: The competition is open to all amateur photographers who can participate only with works in digital format with no age limit and with colour photos only concerning the territory of Distretto Turistico dei Laghi Monti e Valli constituted by the whole Province Verbano Cusio Ossola and the following Municipalities of the Province Novara: Ameno, Armeno, Arona, Bolzano Novarese, Castelletto Ticino, Colazza, Dormelletto, Gozzano, Lesa, Massino Visconti, Meina, Miasino, Nebbiuno, Oleggio Castello, Orta San Giulio, Pella, Pettenasco, Pisano, Pogno, San Maurizio d’Opaglio. Participation to the competition is free and implicates the acceptance of the present rule. According to the general theme the competition will have an only section with colour photographs.
2. PHOTOS: Images must be obtained by means of a digital camera (or with traditional photographic techniques, subsequently digitized) and sent without any digital elaboration, except for minimal retouches in colours and/or contrast. Images already introduced in previous photo competitions organized by Distretto Turistico dei Laghi are not valid, punishment the exclusion from the competition. Every competitor can send max 3 images. Photos must be delivered printed on photographic paper, laser press or ink jet provided that of high-quality. Each press must have the obligatory measures in format 2/3 - 20 cm x 30 cm (for digital file 1024 x 683 a 300 dpi) and format 4/3 20 x 27 (for digital file 1024 x 768 a 300 dpi). Printed photos, moreover, must be sent in digital file JPG format. Files that won’t correspond to characteristics listed above will not be admitted.
3. DENOMINATION: Files should be named with a max 7 alphanumeric characters + extension, therefore composed: CCCNNtn.jpg where “CCC” are the first 3 letters of the last name, “NN” are the first two letters of the name, “t” identifies the total of sent files and “n” identifies the sequential number. Photos shown on photo paper must be endorsed on the back of progressive number, title, date of realisation, author's surname and name, phone number, address and e-mail address.
4. NORMS: According to the norms in matter of rights of copyright, one presumes that the introduced works are free of art-literary ownership or other rights possessed by thirds. For the same fact of the participation to the competition, the authors engage themselves to guarantee organizers from every action that could be brought against them by any authorized. In case of a minor competitor the parent exercising parental authority has to under sign the adhesion card. Each author must own all rights on photo images; he/she is personally responsible than forms object of the introduced works and authorizes title publication free both on the web or press/broadcast media and by the occasion of events, lifting the organizers from every responsibility. By sending the works each author authorizes the treatment of the own data by the organizer, through information media or not, for fulfilments to the competition contest and publication of the results. Each participant is responsible civilly and penally of the own works, raising the competition organization from every responsibility, also about the comparison of eventual subjects represented in the photos. The competitor must inform any interested parties (people portrayed) in the cases and the ways previewed from art. 10 of law 675/96 and successive modification with D.Lgs. 30th June 2003 n. 196, and obtain consent to the diffusion of the same, punishment the exclusion from the competition. In any case sent images can contain data classified as sensitive. Each participant declares to own all the rights on the original, on the digital acquisition and on elaborations of the photographs submitted.
5. CONSIGNEMENT: the participation card, TO BE DOWNLOADED HERE, prints and files recorded on CD or DVD could be sent by post or delivered by hand in closed envelope to the following address:
Concorso fotografico “Le persone - turisti e popolazione locale - protagoniste delle nostre bellezze turistiche”
Distretto Turistico dei Laghi scrl
Via dell'Industria, 25
IT 28924 Verbania Fondotoce (VB)
Residents in the area can directly deliver at the offices digital supports with their works in the following opening hours: from Monday to Friday between 9,00 and 17,00.
Printed photos and supports won’t be returned.
6. RIGHTS: Each author must own all the rights on both photo images and following elaborations and is personally responsible for the subject matter of the works introduced. He/she authorizes their publication without any profit purpose. With the work shipment every author authorizes the treatment of the own data by the organizer through information media for fulfilments to the competition contest and publication of the results. All images will enter to belong to the photographic catalogue of Distretto Turistico dei Laghi and they will be used free by Distretto Turistico dei Laghi for the production of informative material and the promotion of institutional initiatives provided that non-profit and with the author's quotation. All participants within the adhesion to the competition give consent to the scanning of their original works in case of similar support or, in case of digital media, they commit themselves to produce a file in the highest definition possible.
7. PRIZES: to incontestable decision of the jury the following prizes will be assigned in purchase coupons to be spent at local photo clubs with invoice to Distretto Turistico dei Laghi:
€ 500,00 1st prize
€ 300,00 2nd prize
€ 250,00 3rd prize
€ 200,00 4th prize
€ 150,00 5th prize
€ 100,00 from 6th to 15th prize
8. Only the winners will receive a written communication concerning the attribution of the prize.
9. Acceptance of the Rule: the registration implies the integral acceptance of these rules.
10. INFORMATION about the competition and adhesion card can be demanded to:
Distretto Turistico dei Laghi
Via dell'Industria, 25
28924 Verbania Fondotoce (VB)
Tel. +39 0323 30416
Fax +39 0323 934335
President of Distretto Turistico dei Laghi
Managing Staff of Distretto Turistico dei Laghi
Three professional photographers
COMPETITION ORGANIZATION AND SECRETARY
Distretto Turistico dei Laghi
For information please visit www.distrettolaghi.it
Term for the presentation of works: 30th September 2014
Results will be sent by: 15th October 2014
The date of the award ceremony will contextually be communicated to the dispatch of the results.
Here some examples of images.