Villa San Remigio - Verbania Pallanza
On top of the Col de Castagnola in Verbania Pallanza, Villa San Remigio overlooking Lake Maggiore. His garden, designed and built by a pair of spouses, has a history very interesting and romantic. The Marquis Silvio Della Valle di Casanova and Sofia Browne, he musician and poet, her passionate painter, after their marriage, which took place in 1896, coronarono the common dream of youth in transforming the old chalet villa built by his grandfather, Peter Browne, and riplasmando wisely the park who became image and shelter of their own feelings.
Around the villa baroque Neapolitan were shaped in large garden terraces further along it left room for extensive areas lawn surrounded by majestic exotic plants, the forest, but maintained in its natural form, was enriched with rare botanical specimens.
The park is thus a sort of "history of gardens" where the gardens in various styles, Italian, with English, Medieval, the forest and orchard, run and gradually the shade into one another, forming a tutt 'An exceptionally harmony.
The reading of the park of Villa San Remigio is not easy or traceable to the fees classical architecture: the garden is in fact the fruit of eclectic taste, of Anglo-Italian, creativity and personal feelings that its designers were able to express so unrepeatable.
Villa San Remigio and his garden always remained the property of the same family until 1977, when the complex was sold by the Countess Ester Della Valle Bonacossa, daughter of Silvio and Sofia, the Piedmont Region. The Villa currently houses some offices of public administration.